Saturday, November 29, 2014

Zaxby-HERO to his humans~

Even the gutter can't conquer the GREATNESS!


From the gutter, a HERO emerges~
I first heard about this little miracle of a dog 2 years ago with the rest of my rescue friends in the Atlanta area. Soon to be named after one of my favorite restaurants, no one had any way of knowing how much perseverance resided in the little shell of a pup. He never gave up, so how could humans give up on him? They didn't, and he repaid his heroes with love abounding. Listen to his forever mama on how he's changed her, and saved her~

My Hero- Zaxby aka Chicken 
I love dogs. I am no stranger to the "crazy dog lady" nickname. I have 3 dogs that I love to distraction and my home is always full of foster dogs that I could not say no to. I have devoted my life to helping dogs in need and I am a better person for it. People ask if I have a favorite but I think it is unfair to say I have a favorite dog - rather I love each of them in a different way - Finn is my solid good boy, Mabel my kitty cat dog and then there is Chicken.





There are no words to describe the impact he has had on my life and my heart. This little black pocket pittie, pulled from a gutter, half dead with a deformed leg had every reason to give up, to shut down and hate the world that treated him so cruelly. Here are his initial shelter pictures.












 But that was never an option for him. All of his pictures from his rescue show a smiling boy, raw in his need to be loved and accepted. Fast forward two years and he still wakes up every single day with a smile on his face and his tail wagging. He loves and lives with his entire heart and soul. He absolutely bursts with joy and happiness over the littlest things we take for granted everyday - food, love, a home and walks in the sunshine.







Since adopting Zaxby two years ago this December, I have been thrown some major curveballs in life. I lost my job of 12 years and am suffering from a long term painful health condition. It would have been easy to give up , hide in bed and give into the demons of depression - except Chicken would not let that happen. He reminds me every day that no matter how bad things are, no matter what we made to endure in life, no matter how our pasts seem to try to drag us down some days - you can endure and you can still love without abandon and you can survive any challenge. You can beat the odds and come out on top with a smile on your face. For this - and many more reasons - Zaxby the Chicken Wing Dog is my hero and my best friend."






1 comment:

  1. I have followed you all since he was found. I cry every time I see his pics, so mistreated. I too have pits, 3 who are my world. Most recent showed up staggering. Weak, starved, neglected. I had to take him in. 3 months now, he healthy, happy, grateful & like Chicken LOVING life. I pray for you all, all the fur babies. I ask God to bless you with health, love,peace & finances. God Bless. Xxxx to your fur babies. :)

    ReplyDelete